Can an individual with a visitor visa change their status to student while in the U.S. if they are accepted into a school and receive a Form I-20?
Generally, individuals can apply to change their nonimmigrant visa status (category) if they were lawfully admitted to the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, and if their nonimmigrant status is still valid, provided they have not violated the conditions of their status, and if they have not engaged in any actions that would render them ineligible. However, a student cannot begin studying until the change of status application has been […]

See also  United States: Chairman Behnam Throws CFTC Hat Into Crypto Regulatory Ring

By Donato